Vacancy: Senior Partnership Fundraiser
Posted on 07/08/2013
Eurogroup for Animals is looking for a Senior Partnership Fundraiser to join its team in Brussels
JOB TITLE: Senior Partnership Fundraiser
REPORTS TO: Director
LOCATION: Brussels, Belgium
SALARY: Competitive salary and benefits package.
EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT: 2 year pilot project, limited employment contract under Belgian legislation.
Eurogroup for Animalsis the leading voice for animal welfare at European Union level since 1982. They provide a voice for the billions of animals kept in laboratories, farms and homes or living in the wild and work to create a Europe where animals are considered and valued as contributing to our well-being, prosperity and to the sustainability of our planet.
They are passionate about creating a society where animal welfare is fully considered and where:
• Every animal should live in an environment where they can perform their natural behaviour
• Cruelty to animals is not tolerated
• The welfare of all animals is protected by European legislation
• All EU laws on the protection of animals are effective and prevent animal suffering
• Politicians in all 28 member states and at EU level consider the impact every new policy has on animals
Eurogroup for Animals is recognised by the European Parliament and Commission as the leading animal welfare organisation at EU level and represent animal welfare interests on many EU advisory committees and consultation bodies.
Reporting to the Director, your role will be to develop, implement and manage a major gift fundraising program designed for a targeted range of funders including institutions such as the European Commission, charitable trusts, foundations and corporate and private donors.
- Senior Fundraiser with very solid experience in Europe with Institutions and Foundations
- Proven experience in Major gift Fundraising, preferably in starting up a new programme
- Enthusiastic about setting up a new Major Gifts Fundraising activity
- Great commitment to the non-profit sector.
- Interested in advocacy for animal welfare, environment or other humanitarian causes.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English are required; another European language an asset
- Excellent organisational skills in setting up and managing processes and projects; project and financial planning skills; ability to plan and prioritise workloads and to work towards strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, negotiation skills, good teamworker
- Innovative, creative, self motivating and pro-active
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and manage the organisation’s fundraising work
- Be responsible for a portfolio of major gift prospects in line with Eurogroup’s aims and policies
- Initiate and develop good relationships with potential donors and manage fundraising processes
- Maintain a comprehensive overview of current funders and funding opportunities; set up and manage reporting processes to ensure the timely delivery of high quality reports and applications
- Maintain comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date fundraising guidelines and implement them effectively
- Prepare fundraising income forecasts in cooperation with finance staff; update budgets and plans
- Work with the communications & policy teams to prepare applications and programmes
- Support fundraising-related work carried out by member organisations; provide advice and organise capacity building events
- Maintain an up-to-date fundraising calendar, including timelines for submitting applications, renewals and monitoring/evaluation reports
- Explore national & EU institutional funding programmes; draft proposals and complete applications
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post along with your CV/resume (no photos) in English in strict confidence BY EMAIL ONLY to Karem Armstrong at email@example.com. Applications sent by other means will not be considered.
Deadline for applications:
September 23rd, 2013